VMware Horizon Community
Tearly9299
Contributor
Contributor

Link thin client to Pool???

Howdy

I'm trying to find a way to link a pool of non persistent VMs to a group of Thin Clients. That is to say, I only want these VMs to be available to the view client when a domain user is sitting at the thin client. If the same domain user accesses the view client on another station, the VM should not be available.

I was hoping I could create a group in AD for the thin clients (which have Windows 7 embedded standard installed,) and add the group to the pool entitlements. But this did not work, and the pool did not show up when connecting to the view server.

Anybody have any ideas on how this could be accomplished?

Thanks

-T

0 Kudos
3 Replies
uday_s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tearly9299
Contributor
Contributor

"Note: When you add a client in kiosk mode, View Manager creates a user account for the client in Active Directory."

So this would create a user account that the view client would use to connect to the VM?

Unfortunatly, this will not work. These thin clients will be deployed in an enviornment where our users will need access to their shared drives and redirected my documents (My bad for not adding this to my original post.)

Is there a way around this? It sounds like a step in the right direction, but is there anything similar?

Thanks,

-T

0 Kudos
uday_s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This may not be possible at this point of time.

0 Kudos