VMware Horizon Community
defrogger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Limiting View Adminitrator rights

Hello, we need to limit rights in View Administrator.  We are running version Horizon 6.0 with VMware 5.5 hosts.

The reason for this is we have two departments that need to manage different pools. So we want to have department A to only be able to manage lets say Pool 1 and 2, and Department B to only mange Pool 3 and 4.

Basically I don't want someone in Department A to be able to accidently make changes to Pool 3 and 4.  I technically don't mind if they can view them, but I don't want them to make changes to other pools except the ones for there department.

Can this be done?

I only have 5 Hosts, so I cant setup separate Hosts for each departments.  I can setup separate Connection servers if that somehow helps.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can setup roles and access groups via the View Configuration, Administration tab.   That should allow you to restrict permissions to specific pools.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can setup roles and access groups via the View Configuration, Administration tab.   That should allow you to restrict permissions to specific pools.

0 Kudos
defrogger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks this definitely is pointing me in the right direction.  Im still trying to figure out the best way to go about it, but it looks like you assign an Access group, then assign Roles to them and put your pools in those Access Groups.

Ill play around and see how it goes.

Thanks

0 Kudos
defrogger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just a follow up, the Access Groups and Roles works perfectly for this.  Thanks again

0 Kudos