VMware Horizon Community
jwmx
Contributor
Contributor

Limit of domains that can be added/trusted in Horizon 7

Is there a limit to how many domains you can have added to Horizon 7?

I am asking because I have one domain I cannot get added to Horizon 7 properly.  My trust is in place and working.  I have verified it.  I can actually add the domain to the

View Configuration

Servers

Vcenter Servers Tab

Then editing the View Composer Server Settings for the domains.  It adds there with no issues.  When I try to create a pool and select it from the drop down or add an entitlement it isn't listed.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulMurphyCO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does the user account you use for Composer have the correct permissions on the problematic domain container/OU and any necessary child objects in that domain? 

Required permissions for the account on the OU are:

List Contents

Read All Properties

Write All Properties

Read Permissions

Reset Password

Create Computer Objects

Delete Computer Objects

0 Kudos
jwmx
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it does.  I actually copied the domain administrator when creating the new ID to use for composer.  It is setup like all the domains.  The DNS is correct.  The trust verified.  I have tried using the domain admin account and then creating a new domain admin account for this.

I can add it under the view composer settings

i just cannot use it under the entitlements (not listed in drop down), nor under the guest customization.  That is why i thought maybe there was a limit as my company has acquired a few smaller ones and we have (with this domain) a total of 6 listed now.

0 Kudos