VMware Horizon Community
Toolbox123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Licensing - What happens when you go over?

Hi All,

Just wondering what happens when you go over your concurrent number of licenses?

We are currently running thin apps in a pilot project with 20 licenses.  We want users to give it a test drive but are wondering what happens when the 21ist person tries it?  Do they see an error?  Is it only in the logs?  Are they prevented for opening an app?

I see under product licensing and usage the highest total concurrent connections is where I can monitor total connections but even something that shows me a graph of overall usage would be more useful?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Horizon licensing has always been an honor system. However, make sure you stay in compliance as VMware can and will do audits. If this is for a project I'd recommend talking to your VAR or your VMware account team directly if you don't have one. We've had projects where we needed to temporarily go over our licensing and our account team gave us the OK (That way if we had a surprise audit we could reference the exception).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Horizon licensing has always been an honor system. However, make sure you stay in compliance as VMware can and will do audits. If this is for a project I'd recommend talking to your VAR or your VMware account team directly if you don't have one. We've had projects where we needed to temporarily go over our licensing and our account team gave us the OK (That way if we had a surprise audit we could reference the exception).

0 Kudos