VMware Horizon Community
frisbyvlieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Leostream problem, I'm stuck

Hello community,

Last friday I posted a question about Leostream too and that problem was solved really quick. I am here with a new question because I can't solve this issue. When viewing the Hosted Desktops in Leostream there are actions to choose from: Control, Edit, View. Log and HD status.

Now the problem is that when I choose HD status I get this: The Hosted Desktop "WinXP" has no active RDP sessions.

I understand why it says so becuase I have not made any RDP sessions yet. When I boot this Hosted Desktop and the status is "running", I go to a user who is assigned a policy that will let them use this Desktop en use the "Test Login" option. Then I get the message "WinXP" <-- remote access port (RDP) is not available.

But that is not all, after a minute or 2 it changes into another message: assigned, will release on sign-out, will release 1 minute after disconnect. This is very strange because I didn't login to the WinXP nor does it release after 1 minute.

Does anyone have had this problem or knows what to do? I'm completely stuck.:-(

Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ok, I just want to clarify something, but you may already be aware of this. When you select "Test Login" it is only showing you what WILL happen once you actually connect with that user account. It doesn't actually make any assignments or attach the user to that VM. However, if you select the HD (Hosted Desktop) Status option, it will show you any already established connections to that VM.

So, when you actually connect with a user to the machine using Leostream Connect or via the Web Interface, you are correctly seeing the assigned desktops, correct? If yes, are you able to actually make the RDP connection at that time without issue? Again if yes, what does that machine show under HD Status while that user is connected? What does it show once you have disconnected?

I'm not sure on the question regarding the trial version. I know it was possible to use import Active Directory users on the older trial versions, but I'm not certain if they have changed any of that with the more recent releases. You would have to check with Leostream on that one, but all I can say is give it a shot to see if it works I guess.

Thanks again

Steve

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hello

I'll start simple since it wasn't mentioned, but do you have the Host Agent installed on the desktop? Beyond that though, I haven't experienced the problem myself at all. So you're saying that...

- It shows no connections are currently active

- You try to connect, and it fails with "Remote access port (RDP) is not available.

- Then the HD Status shows the machine is assigned to the ID

Just making sure I'm following the order of events correctly. One other simple question. Are you able to directly RDP into that machine without any issue?

Thanks

Steve

frisbyvlieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply Steve,

Indeed I didn't mention the part of Hosted Agent installed or not, my bad. But yes I have the Agent installed on my VM though. When I check the Hosted Desktops in Leostream it also says under Hosted Desktop Agent version 3.0.20.0 that should prove it's also installed correctly.

1. Indeed it doesn't show any connections that are active.

2. When I choose test login with a user it says Remote access port (RDP) is not available.

3.The HD status only says there are no active RDP sessions.

About the connecting with RDP, yes I can connect to that VM with RDP without any problems.

Thanks so far.

0 Kudos
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ok, I just noticed that you mentioned youre selecting "test login" for a user when you get that message. I assume that you mean you are actually selecting "Test Login" under > Users > Users? If that's the case, do you get any more of a detailed (or at least different) message when actually attempting to login as the user? Also, what version of the broker are you currently running? Just wanted to check if we are comparing apples to apples here.

I'm currently running 4.4.14. When I select test login for a user that's never actually made a connection, I get something similar to the following (depending on pool, policy, etc):

-

Login Test (beta)

User: XXXXX

Policy: Developers

Finding available Hosted Desktops that match "(Development=2)":

"VM-XXXXXXXXXX" <-- no Hosted Desktop Agent

"VM-YYYYYYYY" <-- assigned, will release N minutes after disconnect

Assigned one Hosted Desktop with this policy.

-

It's also important to note that the test login feature is "beta" at least in the version I'm running, but I've never noticed any problems with it thus far.

Thanks again

Steve

frisbyvlieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick reply,

I am definately running an older version of the broker than 4.4.14 it is 3. something. I don't have Leostream here so I don't know the exact version. Tommorow I will be able to work on my VDI again so I will be updating the broker first then. For the "test login" option, yes it is under users &gt; users.

When I updated my broker tommorow and have it next to me I will post again to let you know how it is going.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
frisbyvlieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Allright I have upgraded the broker to version 5.0.32, but this didn't solve my problem. When I do the "test login" with a user, it says the VM's are assigned and will release after one minute. That doesn't happen though.

I thought, let's just ignore this and try something else. So then I had the idea to update the Leostream connect tool. Because my Leostream connect always gave the error with whatever I filled in "the requisted adress is not valid in its content". So I updated Leostream connect to version 2.0, first it was 1.5. So when I connect with Leostream connect now I get the screen to choose the VM's that are available and I can connect to them with RDP. Stange enough, even though the connection broker says they are assigned I can connect to them?? I am consfused, is this a problem in the CB?

Also I have a short question with this: in the Leostream trial version, Active Directory users loaded into the CB can't connect using Leostream connect?

Thanks so far.

0 Kudos
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ok, I just want to clarify something, but you may already be aware of this. When you select "Test Login" it is only showing you what WILL happen once you actually connect with that user account. It doesn't actually make any assignments or attach the user to that VM. However, if you select the HD (Hosted Desktop) Status option, it will show you any already established connections to that VM.

So, when you actually connect with a user to the machine using Leostream Connect or via the Web Interface, you are correctly seeing the assigned desktops, correct? If yes, are you able to actually make the RDP connection at that time without issue? Again if yes, what does that machine show under HD Status while that user is connected? What does it show once you have disconnected?

I'm not sure on the question regarding the trial version. I know it was possible to use import Active Directory users on the older trial versions, but I'm not certain if they have changed any of that with the more recent releases. You would have to check with Leostream on that one, but all I can say is give it a shot to see if it works I guess.

Thanks again

Steve

0 Kudos
frisbyvlieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have been testing a lot of things today and think this problem is solved. when I updated my Leostream connect and all, I was able to succesfully make RDP connections. Now when I log in to "WinXP" and start Leostream connect and login, there pops up a window telling me which desktops are available. Then I click "WinXP_2" and connect. This is working correct and I get connected via RDP to "WinXP_2".

Then when I go to check my connection broker, under HD status it says which RDP session is active. It says "Active RDP Sessions for WinXP" and a square with the username after it. This must be correct right? Also when I do the "tes login" I only see one system left available. That means an RDP session has been made correct I think. So when I saw that I was starting to think, when using the "test login" I get to see all desktops which are actually ready to be assigned.

Well, I can do more now I think, and for the AD user login in Leostream connect. Nope it doesnt seems to work in this trial anymore. It says License conditions exceeded.

The thing I'm gonna work on now is to try getting Leostream connect via PXE. You might see another discussion from me soon when I have another question :smileysilly:

Thank you very much for your help Steve

0 Kudos
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

No problem, just glad to hear everything is working. From my end everything you said seems correct, and everything sounds like it's functioning as normal. Good luck on the PXE boot though... not sure I'll be any help there... hahah. You may just want to take a look at Citrix Provisioning Server (aka Ardence) for that. :smileygrin:

Steve

0 Kudos