VMware Horizon Community
frisbyvlieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Leostream RDP error...

Hello everyone,

Another question from me here...I'm getting a strange error when using Leostream Connect. Here is the situation: I am using Windows 2000 on a physcial machine which doesn't have the RDP protocol from itself, so I installed RDP 5.2 on that system. Then, I used it to connect to a Virtual Windows XP system and that worked just fine. However, when I use Leostream connect and connect to that very same Virtual Windows XP system, it gives an error. I posted a screen of it in the attacked image...DZ-152 is the name of my virtual machine.

If anyone knows how to fix this or has any idea's, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ronald

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlbertFish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Try launching .rdp files from the command line, or through a batch file.

from a command-line type mstsc /? for context.

You can create a rdp file from the graphical interface by do a save as. Then just try thing like c:\mstsc test.rdp.

Check permissions on the leostream directory. Wherever it is creating its rdp file. mstsc may not be able to read the file at that location.

Just a few ideas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlbertFish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Since you loaded L. Connect before rdp, maybe it couldn't find it initially. Uninstall and reinstall. Also, there is a beta that solved a lot of our issues with LC.

0 Kudos
frisbyvlieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, I reinstalled it a couple of times now...and I am using the latest beta of LC. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
frisbyvlieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry for the double post here but I really need some more help on this. I reinstalled RDP couple of times on my Windows 2000 and downloaded some newer versions but nothing seems to work...Leostream connect keeps giving me an error message saying that it cannot initialize the RDP session.

0 Kudos
AlbertFish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Try launching .rdp files from the command line, or through a batch file.

from a command-line type mstsc /? for context.

You can create a rdp file from the graphical interface by do a save as. Then just try thing like c:\mstsc test.rdp.

Check permissions on the leostream directory. Wherever it is creating its rdp file. mstsc may not be able to read the file at that location.

Just a few ideas

0 Kudos
frisbyvlieger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This is very nice, that reply made me think andI found the solution. Since you started about that LC needs some kind of command, I thought hey in the system32 folder I need to put the mstscax.dll there too! Yes, it works now! Thank you all.

Cheers, Ronald

0 Kudos
AlbertFish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Nice, and good to know if I ever see that particular error.

Thanks!

0 Kudos