VMware Horizon Community
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Leostream Host Agent and Vista

Has anyone tried to use the Leostream Host Agent on a Vista VDI yet? We've been having some issue getting it to launch properly, and therefore the broker isn't picking it up. It's likely something to do with UAC, but we're just trying to get it sorted out.

FYI, yes we are opening a ticket with Leostream as well, just trying the masses for additional input. Smiley Happy

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
7 Replies
davlloyd
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Same deal on our side, will re-focus when other fires are put out. Worth also mentioning that neither multi screen offerings from Wyse or Neoware work on Vista either.

tbrouwer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Interested to know how much Vista eats up resources running in a VDI environment compared to XP. Care to comment?

0 Kudos
davlloyd
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

2-3 times the memory and slight processor hit at the moment. We are not running it in the wild for another couple of months which is when we willo get a better picture.

TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

and MS have fixed all the first batch of bugs Smiley Wink

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Same deal on our side, will re-focus when other fires

are put out. Worth also mentioning that neither multi

screen offerings from Wyse or Neoware work on Vista

either.

Thanks for the note about the multi screen issue as well, as we hadn't tested that yet. Thankfully this is just a small pool of Vista boxes for our Help Desk to kick around at the moment. They've started getting calls regarding external access and Vista, and we wanted them to have a reference machine.

It'll probably be a bit before we start releasing these into the "wild" as well. So far they've been responding "ok" without the host agent when using just the web interface.

0 Kudos
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Has anyone had a chance to test this out on their end yet? We still haven't been able to get it to work any better. You can still connect, but without the agent you obviously loose some of the functionality/knowledge of the broker on the machine.

0 Kudos
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

FYI, to anyone else interested.

We have heard back that the Host Agent service does not yet work in Vista (which a few of us have already found out.) However, as I've stated earlier you are still able to connect to Vista desktop without the agent. Obviously though the features it does provide won't be available in those cases.

They are working on this, but I don't personally have any more information at this point. As I know the guys from Leostream sometimes post here, I'll let any of them chime in with more details if necessary.

0 Kudos