VMware Horizon Community
nonsparker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Kindle Fire - Android Client

Does anyone know if the View client for Android will be available for the Kindle Fire?

Twitter @thickguythinapp
Website thickguythinapp.com
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I have moved this post over to the View for Android forum for better visibility.  

0 Kudos
jsintz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can side load View client onto you Kindle or you can root, install gsf and the android market (then unroot so you don't loose access to Amazon video)

I installed View for Android on my Kindle Fire and I am able to connect to my Win 7 desktop over PCoIP, but there is NO display. I will give it a try in RDP mode and see if I get any better results.

I'll post my results if RDP give better results.

0 Kudos
sumner0313
Contributor
Contributor

Are there any plans to provide the apk file in addition to  going to the android market?

0 Kudos
hawkinsw
Contributor
Contributor

I've sideloaded the view client onto my Fire as well and have the blank screen. You mention switching to RDP to see what that would do for the situation.

I'm not able to figure out how to switch to RDP. Have you had a chance to try it yet? If so, what were the results?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
jsintz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We updated vmware tools on our workstations and all of our view clients started getting the black screen. We had to uninstall the view agent on each vm and reinstall to get the video to work again. I was hopeful that this would also fix the display issue with my Kindle Fire. It did not. Android phone (Moto defy w/ 2.2), Android tablet (Acer A500 w/ honycomb), and iPad can all connect and get displays to my view desktop, but NOT my Kindle Fire :-(.

No way to switch the protocol in the Android View client per my previous post.

0 Kudos
jsintz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The latest version of the VMware View Client for Android fixes the display issue on the Kindle Fire. It works perfectly now!!!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The new 1.3 View client is now available on the Amazon Android Appstore.

Fire up your Kindle Fires!

0 Kudos