VMware Horizon Community
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

K2 grid and vDGA settings

Hi,

We have a demo environment with Horizon View 6.0.1 and 2 ESxi hosts one with Grid K1 and Grid K2.

I have gotten the Grid cards to work, but I have some issues, or configuration questions.

On the vm that we want to use for vDGA im not sure what to have configured under Video Card, the only thing that is working is like the image below.

pastedImage_1.png

But here is a strange problem. If I configure the VM as the image, and then starts the vm right away, it works fine. If i wait 10-20 seconds before i start the VM or ig I shutdown the VM and starts it again, it fails with the following error

pastedImage_2.png

If I then check the settings of the VM I can see that it has changed it to the following automatically

pastedImage_3.png

So my questions is what am I doing wrong ? Also what about the memory 512, should it be another setting on this ?

Im new to vDGA and vSGA so still learning.

Regards Andreas
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not sure what the problem was, but i created a new VM and then the configuration was ok. So i guess there where something corrupt with the over one.

Regards Andreas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JackMac4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you checked this out? http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/vmware-horizon-view-graphics-acceleration-deployment.pdf

---- Jack McMichael | Sr. Systems Engineer VMware End User Computing Contact me on Twitter @jackwmc4
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not sure what the problem was, but i created a new VM and then the configuration was ok. So i guess there where something corrupt with the over one.

Regards Andreas
0 Kudos