VMware Horizon Community
eyesonlyone
Contributor
Contributor

Java Application won't start after View Agent installation

Hey folks,

i have a problem with one of our thinapped applications. The application contains it's own Java libraries and works fine on every non VMware View Desktop.

I did some troubleshooting and found out, that the installation of the View Agent is causing this issue. I couldn't find out, what part of the View Agent exactly causes this behaviour.

This is the error message i get: The JVM could not be started. The maximum heap size (-Xmx) might be too large or an antivirus or firmware tool could block the execution.

Hope you guys have an idea Smiley Happy.

regards,

eyesonly

Edit: just found out that it's not a thinapp related issue. Moved to "VMware View"...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
eyesonlyone
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to work when reducing the -Xmx size below 800mb. Im just curious, how the View Agent installation affects this parameter?!

0 Kudos
abelal
Contributor
Contributor

We too had this problem. We discovered this only occurs when scanner redirection component is enabled during view agent installation. A call has been logged with support to investigate further. We've simply stopped enabling scanner component which works for us as we don't need it.

0 Kudos
Htclee
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
abelal
Contributor
Contributor

‌nope. We don't use hp quick test. It's a known bug in scanner component  as confirmed by vmware support

0 Kudos