VMware Horizon Community
JihemmeT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

JMP server and certificate : seriously, should be fixed....

Hello all and sorry for this kinda "aggressive" title,

I rebuilt my Horizon View environment with all newest versions of everything (even used vSphere 7 and NSX-T 3, figure) and I am now at the JMP server part. Ok, JMP server is just a fancy tool, not really important as it is a cosmetic add-on to the Horizon View management interface...but the centralisation (not sure the word exists in english, should be self explanatory anyway) didn't appeared to me to be useless.

Problem is : who is responsible for this TLS certificate management in JMP ? I mean seriously ? 3 days trying to make it work, read dozens of "tutorials", from vmware or someone else and it just doesn't work...and no clear reason or message, it just fails to "connect", period.

Is there a documentation with PRECISE requirements for every involved TLS certificate (I mean are Subject Alternate Names required or forbidden ? Even usable ? I tried almost everything and nothing worked) ?

Is there a log that clearly indicates the problem ? Failed to find anything useful...

There is a serious lack of documentation for JMP server and issues we may encounter...or I didn't find the correct resource yet...

Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PatrickBonich
Contributor
Contributor

To add to the aggressive post - VMware dropped the ball on this completely.  I figured I had gone this long JMP should be a fairly mature option to test out now, and it may be, but I too was unable to get past the certificate issue and have not revisited it yet.  The lack of documentation makes engagements take significantly longer than it needs to

0 Kudos
JihemmeT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Nobody ? Dead end ? Dead horse ? Nobody is using JMP ?

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I hope you have gone through Quick-Start Tutorial for VMware Horizon JMP Integrated Workflow | VMware to setup JMP server.

If its still not working for you as expected, I would suggest to submit a SR with VMware horizon support for any specific request/query/issue.

If you directly want to submit any feedback to the product team you can do by going to VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I gave up on it too. The only error message on the connection server I get is "JMP server is not reachable at the moment." The JMP server should just be part of the connection server install. Or at least automate the process so it retrieves its own certificates from the connection servers and all that.

0 Kudos