VMware Horizon Community
norgemauli
Contributor
Contributor

JAVA Isolated Thinapp + Application in AppVolumes

Hey Community,

I guess most syadmins strive to eliminate flash and java off their workstations. We have some applications that require the use of JAVA and some are more picky than others.

I wanted to create an AppStack for those applications and use a fully isolated JAVA thinapp and then install the software on top of that. I am guessing I need to create the correct entry points for the JAVA thinapp but I am not entirely sure what that would look like.

For instance, I have a legacy application that uses JAVA_7_65. I move the JAVA thinapp to the C: Drive and then execute the MSI. The entry points that I selected during the capture process is java and javaw.exe. When I then start the installation process for the legacy application, it looks for a java executable. I navigate to my thinapp folder and select the java application. I see the thinapp window launch, however, the application doesn't install.

So far, I have only tried this with this one application. I was hoping somebody has done something like this before and could give me a hint?

Thanks for your help in advance!

0 Kudos
0 Replies