VMware Horizon Community
Loc7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Issues with Folder Redirection with Persona Management, View 6.2.0

Hi All,

I'm using Persona Management to setup up folder redirection. Desktop, Documents and Favorites are copied to the redirected location upon the first login. When user logs in again, persona doesn't load these items from the redirected folders but instead creates their local copies. This is strange.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Loc.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Loc7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks h3nkY,

We've implemented Folder Redirection in our environment finally! It works for all except for the users who are a member of domain admins. This is a limitation of View Persona. Also, moving existing document/folders from Persona to redirected folder location was seamless without any down time.

Best Regards,

Loc7.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That might be caused by when user logged off after the first login, there was a problem on synchronizing the profile to the remote repository.

Please look at registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell if the redirection is set correctly.

However, without seeing Persona logs, I just assume what was happened.

0 Kudos
Loc7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks h3nkY for the response. Folder redirection is working for normal domain users but not for users in Domain Admin Group. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Loc.

0 Kudos
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Loc7,

I'm working on the same issue and will keep you updated.

0 Kudos
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Loc7,

I plan to include the fix on next upcoming View release.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Loc7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks h3nkY,

We've implemented Folder Redirection in our environment finally! It works for all except for the users who are a member of domain admins. This is a limitation of View Persona. Also, moving existing document/folders from Persona to redirected folder location was seamless without any down time.

Best Regards,

Loc7.

0 Kudos