VMware Horizon Community
Moose
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Issues with Custom Credential Provider and VMware Horizon View Client working together

I have VMware Horizon View client that logs me into HVD Windows 7. So when I give Vmware Horizon view client my credentials, it auto logs me in. I also created a custom credential provider that works on Windows 7 PC. When I install the custom credential provider in the HVD, it works if I'm already logged into HVD and I simulate CTRL+ALT+DEL. I can use my credential provider to "unlock" back in. However, if I disconnect from HVD and try to log back in using VMware Horizon View client to log into HVD Windows 7, it gets stuck on the tile screen. I see the VMware SSO User tile but nothing happens when i click on it.I then have to use my custom credential provider to log in. I would expect it to bypass my custom credential provider on the first login and auto login like before.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moose
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, I did some more troubleshooting and found out it was an issue with auto logon set to TRUE on my custom credential provider side (I had pbAutoLogonWithDefault set to TRUE). Since I still want it TRUE, I had to initially set it to FALSE and then change it to TRUE once my credential provider was utilized.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Are you trying to integrate with the View provider in order to leverage the SSO details, or simply get it not to do anything at all? View doesn't today have general support for thirdparty credential providers. If you intend to use yours for logging in, you should at a minimum disable View's SSO by group policy: VMware View Agent Configuration ADM Template Settings.

0 Kudos
Moose
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm trying to let the View provider do all the work when logging in initially (as if my custom Credential Provider wasn't installed). I only want my credential provider to do the work when user locks the machine inside VM and then tries to unlock the machine, which is all inside the VM and is working fine for me. The problem is when the View provider first tries to log in. I would think the View provider's KERB_INTERACTIVE_UNLOCK_LOGON sent to Windows would log in successfully like it does without my Credential Provider installed, but seems there's conflict when other credential provider's are installed.

0 Kudos
Moose
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, I did some more troubleshooting and found out it was an issue with auto logon set to TRUE on my custom credential provider side (I had pbAutoLogonWithDefault set to TRUE). Since I still want it TRUE, I had to initially set it to FALSE and then change it to TRUE once my credential provider was utilized.

Thanks!

0 Kudos