VMware Horizon Community
davidmichaelkar
Contributor
Contributor

Issues installing Horizon view client on CentOS7

I earlier posted a question at https://communities.vmware.com/thread/519992 , but perhaps I should have asked it here.

I have access to a "hosted virtual desktop" running Windows.  I was under the impression I could access this from Linux/CentOS7.  I know I can access it from the "VMware Client" on my Android devices.  I figured it would be the "Horizon View Client", and I found a distribution that is apparently installable on CentOS7.  However, when I run the installer, I get the following report:

-------------------------------

VMware Horizon Smart Card

Success

VMware Horizon Real-Time Audio-Video

Failed        libpng12.so.0

Failed        libudev.so.0

VMware Horizon Client Drive Redirection (Tech Preview)

Success

VMware Horizon PCoIP

VMware Horizon USB Redirection

Failed        libudev.so.0

VMware Horizon Virtual Printing

Success

VMware Horizon Client

Failed        libXss.so.1

---------------------------------------------------------

First, is this the client that I need, and do I need to do anything about these partial installation failures?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JackMac4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

CentOS 7 is not supported yet, but 6.6/6.5 should work. The official distribution at Download VMware Horizon Clients should work with those OSes. In terms of getting it to install in CentOS7 are you running the installer under su I presume?

The newly released guide might be of help to you https://www.vmware.com/pdf/horizon-view/horizon-client-linux-document.pdf

---- Jack McMichael | Sr. Systems Engineer VMware End User Computing Contact me on Twitter @jackwmc4
0 Kudos
davidmichaelkar
Contributor
Contributor

Sigh.  That's unfortunate.  Yes, I ran the installer with sudo. Any idea when 7 will be supported?

0 Kudos
davidmichaelkar
Contributor
Contributor

Are these errors because the installer can't find those libraries? After I ran the installer, I installed libraries that provide the "libpng" and "libXss" libraries, although I already had "udev", but with a different numerical suffix (1 instead of 0).

How do I uninstall the client so I can rerun the installer to see if it will now complain "less"?

Does "not supported on CentOS7" mean it just won't work at all, or is there a chance it can work with perhaps degraded functionality?

If the installer completes, does it install an executable somewhere, even though it reported partial installation failures?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi David,

"not supported on CentOS7" means unexpected failure. It's not recommended to keep trying on CentOS.

0 Kudos
nohnaimer
Contributor
Contributor

‌HI,

to fix this error just install a packets:

1. For fix libudev:

cd /usr/lib64/

ln -s libudev.so.1.6.2 libudev.so.0

2. For fix libpng12

yum install libpng12

3. For fix libXss

yum install libXScrnSaver

Client work like charm but only with Blast Extreme, with PCoIP and Horizon v6 not open shared application. I have error - look this issue: Re: Instalation of View Client Linux 4.1.0 3976982 x64 don´t configure USB redirection

On Ubuntu 14.04 x64, Lubuntu 16.04 x64, 14.04 x64, CentOS 6.7 x64, 7.2 x64 same error! It seems the client does not like my old graphics card geforce GT 9500, but I'm not sure.

0 Kudos