VMware Horizon Community
rhodges
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with View Client/PCoIP Devices

So, I have installed ESX 4.1 on a server (and ESX 3.5 on another server). I have confirmed that I am able to access the servers via the VMWare vSphere Client, and I have set up and installed a basic OS on both of the servers. Now, I am attempting to allow user access through the VMWare View Client 4.5 and through a PCoIP device. Both of these communication methods are failing when connecting to either server, and I get an error about a HTTP error code 400.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong at this point, but I would certainly be grateful for any help or suggestions that could be provided with this matter. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Do you have the View agent installed on the VDI machine? Is this a linked clone or a fully deployed VM?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

Twitter: http://twitter.com/mittim12

0 Kudos
acavali
Contributor
Contributor

Are you sure you have your ports open to the guests properly? You need to have 50002 and 443 opened from the client to the guest for PCoIP communications.

How is your View manager configured? Is it on the same network?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Moved to VMware View Forum -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
rhodges
Contributor
Contributor

They are both on the same network (172.16.32). I am attempting to ascertain the situation with my ports (50002).

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

In View 4.5 the PCOIP port has changed to 4172.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

Twitter: http://twitter.com/mittim12

0 Kudos