VMware Horizon Community
rckeith
Contributor
Contributor

Is this possible ?

I run a call center which is due to expand and dektop managenment is becomming a problem.  We use to run on Windows terminal services but when we moved to a new telephony application we had to use local PC's.  The telephony solution use a normal IP phone which has a agent call bar on the PC.  When the agent activates the call bar it conacts to the telephony server and maps the PC name against a phone number so the agents phone is linked to PC they are on.  We had to stop using terminal services because it couldn't use the PC name then.  If I were to use View is ther some way for that to work.  I know vSphere and run several ESXi host but have no experince of View.

I remeber several years ago Citrix had something called semless windows which looked like the app was local but it was actually runing on a server.

is there something in View like this

Thanks

Keith

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

First, welcome to the forums! You have come to the right place!

Yes this should work fine, have a few customers that are doing that.

Its a different story if you are using soft-phones, where all the voice-traffic goes through the virtual machine, then there is a few supported configurations from the major vendors but they are all quite new.

In this scenarion when you have physical phones connected to call management software inside the vm it should work fine.

What type of clients are you having today?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
rckeith
Contributor
Contributor

Phones are Mitel 5212 and the clients are all on Windows XP.  We have to stick with XP because of webapp run by a local council that fails it IE6 is not used.  Perhaps I need to down load an eval an do some testing.

Thanks

Keith

0 Kudos