VMware Horizon Community
Paul_B1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Is there a way to use VDI with High Definition Images?

We're looking at doing some things with High Def (720) screens to display a wide variety of images/video. I was wondering if there are any devices capable of doing this? Currently the proposed solution is to use high end workstations/video cards, but if we could pull this into our VDI environment that would be awesome. Any direction would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
epping
Expert
Expert

Hi

I think RDP is going to let you down in this area, i know HP had some graphics software that you could install to improve the graphics but i think that was a long way off supporting high def

I had some one from Chip PC come in and they said they could support high def by the end of the year, however could not tell me how so it could just have been sales man talk.

0 Kudos
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Another option MIGHT be a "PC over IP" solution like Teradici (http://www.teradici.com/), but then you would have to work with a blade solution. Plus I don't know how far along or available this solution is yet, as it was discussed to still be in development in another forum thread. Just thowing it out there if you had not already been made aware.

0 Kudos
Paul_B1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yeah, I've talked to my SE and he's going to get me some information from HP and from NEC which he thought may have something. I'm almost positive straight RDP isn't going to cut it.

I'm aware of the blade PC's, but i'm just trying to use what we already have in place, not bring in a completely new technology.

If it comes down to it, we'll use regular PC's as planned, just thought this would be a nice solution (if there is one).

0 Kudos