VMware Horizon Community
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Is there a way to enable client drive redirection?

On Horizon 7 I have published apps, and when I click "Save As", it opens the RDS server's local drives and folders. How can I set this up so it opens the client's drive instead?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I don't believe this is possible or at least I'm not aware of client drive redirection being available in the published Horizon App documentation. The main problem you are facing is an architecture one. The Horizon Client is encapsulating a Microsoft RDS App being published on the RDS server and delivering it to the client. If you enable client side drive redirection on the RDS server via GPO, it likely will still not work because it is up to the Horizon Client to present the local client drive.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I don't believe this is possible or at least I'm not aware of client drive redirection being available in the published Horizon App documentation. The main problem you are facing is an architecture one. The Horizon Client is encapsulating a Microsoft RDS App being published on the RDS server and delivering it to the client. If you enable client side drive redirection on the RDS server via GPO, it likely will still not work because it is up to the Horizon Client to present the local client drive.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping that the View Agent on the RDS host would be able to somehow redirect calls to the local disk and open the client instead.

I guess the best thing I can do is just lock down the RDS host as much as I can.

0 Kudos