VMware Horizon Community
reineck
Contributor
Contributor

Is more than 1 (one) vCenter Server in View bundle allowed?

We want to install a second vCenter Server - for various reasons, please don't ask 🙂

According to the View 5 Licensing FAQ, the View bundle entitles you to install “server workloads for […] components that make up the virtualized desktop infrastructures (View Manager, vCenter Server […])”.

But is it allowed to install more than one vCenter Server if it is necessary to run our VDI setup or do we have to buy an additional vCenter Server license?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
weda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As far as I understand the EULA of the Horizon View product: yes. You can install as much vcenter Servers as you need to run your view environment. But be aware that only virtual servers are allowed to be controlled by the vcenter that are needed for running a view environment; f.e. AD, Connection Server, Security Server, SQL Server and ofc. VDI's.

reineck
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

As long as I hear nothing different, I'll install a second vCenter Server without buying an additional license.

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

You can install as many vCenter server as you want but the key point to consider -  Use the for VMware View ONLY.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos