VMware Horizon Community
I2MRedeemed
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to group icons in Horizon View Client into folders?

My apologies ahead of time, but I come from a Citrix background.  I hadn't worked with View since it's early days.  I recently stood up a Horizon View 6 lab and am extremely impressed with it's functionality and Administration.  View has come along way and VMware has done a great job with this release!!

Couple of questions though . . .

• Is it possible to group icons in Horizon View Client into folders (as can be done with Citrix Web Interface)?
    • Such as Win7 Desktops, MS Office, Utilities, etc
  • I didn't see any way to enable HTML Access to an Application Pool, is that possible?

Thanks in Advance!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
I2MRedeemed
Contributor
Contributor

I did some further digging on this and came across a couple of other older Forum postings:

Would appreciate confirmation or clarification/correction on whether or not the following is still true with the most recent release:

(Note: I did read the latest release notes I could find View Release Notes)

Current limitations of Horizon View HTML5 Access:

• Does not support Hosted Apps (Application Pools).  Only supports Desktop Pools.
  • Not supported on connections to physical desktops; desktops must be virtual.
  • No USB Redirection or Printer mapping support.

Current limitations of Horizon View Client:

• Apparently, no way to group icons into folders (even if integrating with Horizon Workspace)
  • USB Redirection and ThinPrint not supported with Hosted Applications

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Balaji78
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did you get this sorted out? Group the RDSH apps on the Client?

Ty.

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It is not currently possible but we are investigating the feature given that we have heard this request from several customers. I can’t provide any committed date though.

0 Kudos