VMware Horizon Community
MattG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Is it possible to Refresh LC desktop and persistent data?

I want to create a pool of View desktops for training.   Each week there is a new group of trainees so the environment should be reverted back to the initial environment each week.

I created an 8 desktops Automated Linked Clone pool with persistent disks and added 8 entitled users.  I logged as the different users and they were always logged into the same desktop (which is what I wanted).  I made changes to the desktop and then performed a LC Refresh.   The refresh reverts the desktop,  but does not wipe out the persistent user data.

Is there a simple way to allow these desktops to be logged into by trainees with persistent data for the week and then to be fully refreshed for the new class?

Thanks,

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You could always delete the desktops instead of trying to refresh them. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You could always delete the desktops instead of trying to refresh them. 

0 Kudos
MattG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

So I chose to Remove them and it seems to recreate them from the original LC without the persistent disk,  which is what I want.

Thanks,

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Isn't this just a matter of setting up a dedicated pool without a user data disk? All user changes will then be lost during refresh/recompose.

0 Kudos
MooreOrtho
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This sounds like best option, although I'm not sure if you can use your existing pool to do this.  I briefly looked through the settings and couldn't see how you could re-compose without the persistent user disk.  Like mpryor said you'll probably need to establish a new linked clone dedicated pool without the persistent disk.

0 Kudos