VMware Horizon Community
TAFVMWare
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is it Possible to Skip the View Client's Prompt for the Pool Selection?

The View client has both the -serverURL and the -desktopName command line parameters which work well to specify the View Manager server or the desktop to connect to in a one to one relationship but I'd like to skip the Pool selection as well. I have thin client labs in our school librarys that use a View pool. I'd like to specify the pool when the View icon is clicked rather than prompting the students to choose the correct pool from the list. I know I can limit the pools displayed to the students by making our AD groups more granular and entitling just the groups we want using each pool but when you have 16 schools, K-12 grades, and thousands of potential users this becomes a management nightmare. It would be much easier to choose the correct pool for them.

One way i've found it to do a direct connection with the -desktopName but if we do this we lose the benefits of managing pools.

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks,

Ty

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes! I've tested it: You need to choose the display name which is shown in the list on the View client.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, same command:

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Client\bin>wswc.exe -serverURL xxx

-username xxx -password xxx -domainName xxx -desktopName "xxx xxx xxx"

use "" when the name of the Pool has spaces ....

Regards,

Christoph

Don't forget to award the points if this answer was helpful for you.

Blog:

http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/dommermuth |

0 Kudos
TAFVMWare
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry, I didn't quite understand. Which one of the command line parameters specifies the Pool not the View Manager server or the desktop. Will the desktop parameter allow a Pool name instead of a desktop?

Thanks,

Ty

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes! I've tested it: You need to choose the display name which is shown in the list on the View client.

0 Kudos
TAFVMWare
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response and correct answer. I just tested it and View Client connected to the pool using the display name. Awesome! This just made my week. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You're welcome! :smileygrin:

0 Kudos