VMware Horizon Community
g0nz0x
Contributor
Contributor

Is file cop\paste supported in thick client using blast?

Hi

New deployment of Horizon view 7.3.1, this time exclusively using BLAST as the only protocol.

We were using PCOIP and file copy\paste clipboard redirection used to work fine in the thick client. Copy from desktop VM, paste to client machine's desktop etc.

Enabled the group policy settings for blast and now text and file transfers work fine in the html client via the transfer icon in the sidebar on the browser.

Text based clipboard redirection works in thick client.

Should file copy\paste work in the thick client the same way it used to with PCOIP, now it is using the blast protocol instead? Should the blast group policy settings enable this functionality in the thick client or is it just configuring blast in the html client?

I know we can go the full blown client drive redirection route but is this the only way?

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Clip board redirection is supported with Blast protocol by using the vdm_blast.admx group policy template. The group policy templates are included in the VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-xxx.zip GPO bundle file. Please refer the documentation link for more information: https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/techpaper/vmware-horizon-7-view-bl...

0 Kudos
g0nz0x
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I know it's supported in the protocol, indeed we have it working via html clients. I have imported the templates and enabled it to do this.

My question is specifically is file copy\paste supported using just the blast extreme protocol in the full thick client?

The docs do say it has parity with PCOIP but I just want 100% confirmation that it should be working.

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is parity here but I believe that neither protocol has file copy/paste support on the Windows client.

0 Kudos