VMware Horizon Community
virtualworld199
Contributor
Contributor

Is VMware is working on making the USB redirection faster?

Is VMware is working on making the USB redirection faster, In our environment with view 5.3.2 and with ESXi and Vcenter 5.5 there is time lag of about 5-10 minutes and some time even after that the USB does not show, We have to unplug the USB and plug it back again to make it work. Is there any workaround available to make it fast.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

That sounds like a really long time.

I guess these are USB Flash drivers? What size and filesystem do they have?

Could you try another type of USB device /not a storage device) and see if its the same behavior?

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
jpvhfbt
Contributor
Contributor

Are the clients connecting over a secure network?  In your connection server settings do you have secure tunnel, secure gateway or blast configured?  If the clients are connecting over a secure network you may be able to disable these encryption features on the connection server.  USB redirection from the clients will then be transmitted directly to the VM instead of routing through the connection server first.  This will speed up USB response times, though VMWare documentation specifically mentions large USB keys being a problem.  I'm sure you've seen this, but I found the most relevant information in the attached PDF.

0 Kudos