VMware Horizon Community
JohnnyP
Contributor
Contributor

IronKey No Longer Works With View 5.2 Agent

Having upgraded to Horizon View 5.2 we have discovered our IronKeys no longer work.  Prior to 5.2 we were running 5.0.1  but have started a fresh with a new base image.  Reverting the agent on this new image to the 5.0.1 allows the IronKey to connect, but reverting back to 5.2 stops the IronKey working completely.  This is tested without any applications or optimization, but with all available Windows updates.

Is anybody else in a position to confirm this situation, or to counter the belief IronKey's do not work with 5.2?  Is there a policy setting that needs to be tweaked post agent installation?

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
9 Replies
jeytntechedu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

John,

What are you using for the client? -- We've got a usb device that works with the 5.1.3 agent, but only when using an older (pre-5.1) release of the View Client for Windows. Using the 5.1 or 5.3 Windows client the device fails to start in Windows (on the VM).

Jeremy Ey

0 Kudos
JohnnyP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

We're using Wyse P25 zero clients which have the latest Tera2 firmware.  Other USB devices seem to work ok.

I'm trying it using the latest View client on a Windows 7 desktop to see if pass-through works.  The IronKey shows up as a connectable USB and when I opt to connect it, it does install device drivers.  I'm able to open the device but running the iornkey EXE is painful, more than likely my home network link.

I guess the problem may lie with the View 5.2 agent and the Wyse zero client!

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
jeytntechedu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Other than both are USB and broken with the laster release of everything, we seem to have problems that are almost exactly oposite from each other. Our USB device (a national instruments DAQ) works fine on a Teradici client (at least on my p20s, haven't tried a p25), but with the lastest Windows client the device fails to start once connected to the VM. Moving back to a pre-5.1 Windows client, it works.

Best of luck to you,

Jeremy Ey

0 Kudos
JohnnyP
Contributor
Contributor

:smileyconfused: bizarre!   I've logged a ticket so hopefully will get some sort of definitive answer as to where the root cause is.  I'll test a P20 as well just to see if it could relate to Teradici.

Good luck to you to.

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

I just noticed this note in the releasenotes for the Firmware 4.1 Relesecandidate:

• Resolved an issue where IronKey USB devices do not function with PCoIP zero clients (for Tera1 and Tera2 zero clients)

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
JohnnyP
Contributor
Contributor

Good spot.  Sadly we are running 4.2 for Tera1 and 4.3 for Tera2 clients Smiley Sad  I'm clutching at straws presently as I don't have enough evidence to say it is definitely the Teradici part of the setup.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

There is no 4.2 or 4.3, however there is a 4.0.2 and 4.0.3! Smiley Wink

I think you should try the RC of 4.1, here is the direct link:

http://techsupport.teradici.com/ics/support/DLRedirect.asp?fileID=37476

(You need an account at the Teradici supportsite)

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
JohnnyP
Contributor
Contributor

Lol, muppet :smileyblush:

I looked on the Teradici site yesterday but could only see the versions we were already running.  I can't even get anything via your link!  'Sorry! The file does not exist' is what I see.  I do have an account but maybe I need more access that it allows!

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

I sent you a PM about this.

// Linjo

0 Kudos