VMware Horizon Community
TCuello
Contributor
Contributor

Invalid value for member

Whenever I am in VMware Horizon 7 admin view web-interface I can't seem to change settings on desktop pools and it gives me the error of "Invalid value for member". I can delete, remove and recompose machines and pools fine but I can't seem to edit the settings on them. My permission is administrator so I don't think it is a permission issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Did you rename anything in vcenter recently? That should break the recompose produre as well, but its the first thing that comes to mind

0 Kudos
TCuello
Contributor
Contributor

To my knowledge no, but I did just get started on learning how to use VCenter so it might have happen before I started. Although I can recompose the pools fine.

0 Kudos
Chiefnmaster01
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Tcuello.

just a question.
Are you use network label network label file to assing multiple port groups to the pool.
I have the same issue.
Vmware was unable to solve it and i fixed it by creating the poolds from commandline with network label config file already attached.
VMware recommended that we use instant clone's instead of linked clone's but our config with imprivata does not seem to like Instant clone.

0 Kudos
TCuello
Contributor
Contributor

That's a good point and yeah we're using linked clone and not instant clone. I will have to try that and test out that fix. Thanks for the input.

0 Kudos