VMware Horizon Community
PJayBE
Contributor
Contributor

Invalid View (evaluation) License

Hi,

I just installed a test-setup, using the following VMware products: ESX 3.5 + vCenter + View Manager + Composer

Everything installed & configured just fine. Using View Manager I was able to add some dekstops, entitle them to different users and so on....

However, when trying to connect with the View Client (local app & web-based), the View Manager informs me the following:

"The View Connection Server authentication failed. View Connection Server License key is invalid". Please contact the system administrator"

I use an evaluation license, valid 'till 29th of June 2009. The setup I use is not connected to the internet.

I have previously set up another View environment (version 2 & 3), without having this issue.

Some extra info:

• I connect using IP addresses (no DNS names configured)

• License is valid 'till 29th of June 2009

• No real time sync (maybe using ESX as time server might help?)

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

PJ

0 Kudos
22 Replies
jklimczak1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It sounds like a rebuild is needed it could be Ad not talking or some one removed your account from the View group

can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing

0 Kudos
chacho
Contributor
Contributor

Here goes the screenshot of the error. As you see I can't login to change the license file. What to do ?

0 Kudos
chacho
Contributor
Contributor

I reviewed my old posts so I'll try to give a better explanation about my problem.

I installed View Conenction Server on the server destinated to be the connection broker. Everything went just fine. Then I tried to access to the View Portal and I couldn't enter, I received the error shown on my prevoius post's attachment. Then I did enter to the View Administrator where I have the option to change my license, my question is: DO I NEED INEXORABLY TO CHANGE THE LICENSE IN ORDER TO GAIN ACCES TO THE VIEW PORTAL ? If it is so, I would like you to tell me how I can get a new license, DO I HAVE TO PAY ?, or there's a kind of evaluation period just like in ESX?.

Thanks, I hope now you do understand my question.

0 Kudos