VMware Horizon Community
TheDIG911
Contributor
Contributor

Invalid Value for Member

Just upgraded from View 7.12.0 to 7.13.1.  All went fine except for 1 pool that I cannot re-enable provisioning or make any changes to the pool settings.  Any changes results in a 'Invalid Value for Member' error.  I can't delete/recreate the pool as this has over 200+ machines in it. I've opened a support ticket, but haven't heard back yet.  

Any ideas?

Thanks all.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@TheDIG911 , I had the same error a while ago. After investigating the debug logs (C:\ProgramData\VMware\VDM\logs), reconfirming the 'Instant Clone Engine Domain Account' password was the solution for that situation.

0 Kudos
TheDIG911
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm, all other pools are working correctly.  Is this account specific to the pool?

I've also found out that I can make all the changes I need if I go through the Flex Admin.  It doesn't work through the new web portal. Still haven't heard back from support yet.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That's interesting.

In most situations, all Pools share the same account.

0 Kudos
TheDIG911
Contributor
Contributor

Support fixed us up in short order once they picked up the ticket.  This pool had an attribute set for pae-SVIVmRefreshPolicy that wasn't valid.  It was set to 'always' and needed to be changed to 'never' since its a non-persistent pool.  Not sure how/when that got changed or why the Flex admin page allowed us to continue to work on the pool normally.  Once I changed that value in ADSIedit, the new portal now works correctly and I can make changes to the pool.