VMware Horizon Community
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Inttial setup of Servers for VDI

Just starting to get my feet wet with View 3.0 and had a quick question for those who have been running for a while. What is recommended for bothe the VDM servber and the Security server, a VM or a Physical Box? I already have the VDM server as a VM and i was ready to add a Security server. Didn't want to have to take things down after getting them installed. Also, if anyone has any good pointers on setting up the Sec server i would love to hear them. Thanks for Listening!!!

Perry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I am running both my VDM server and Security server as VM's and haven't had any issues at all. Not sure about pointers for setting up the Security server as I thought it was fairly easy and have not had any problems. If you have time make sure you read the Admin guide as it has everything you need.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I am running both my VDM server and Security server as VM's and haven't had any issues at all. Not sure about pointers for setting up the Security server as I thought it was fairly easy and have not had any problems. If you have time make sure you read the Admin guide as it has everything you need.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Go VM's, they will work just fine and is a supported setup

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/viewmanager3_admin_guide.pdf

page 15

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider marking it as "correct" or "helpful" to award points

prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. I have my nose in teh guide already. Just curious what was better. One other quesstion that relates to replica servers. At what point (# of users) is a replica server needed for load balancing? Just want to do it right the first time. Thanks for the help!!

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

strike that!!

I can't speak for View 3 but VDM 2.1 was tested at 1000 VM's in tunneling mode for every broker. So, beyond that you need more.

0 Kudos