VMware Horizon Community
RachelW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Internet Explorer on View Desktop

Currently in our environment, we have TWO Internet Explorer icons on our View Desktops; one of them defaults to our organization's webpage and is placed on the desktop via GPO.  The second one is a mystery - I do not understand how that second icon is getting there and frankly am not sure where to look.  We have combed through our GPOs and do not see anything there for the second IE shortcut (which does NOT default to our home, just the default MSN site).

Does anyone have any suggestions on where this second icon maybe be coming from and where I should look?  I am fairly new to VDI, UEM, etc. so I apologize for what seem like a silly question.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

You say the first one defaults to your organization's webpage, where does the other one go. If you look at the shortcuts, do they go to different places. Do you know if your using thinapp at all? You can tell if someone deployed a thinapp version of ie if when you open it a popup shows up before ie opens.

0 Kudos
RachelW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So after looking further, I discovered the 2nd shortcut is being created by UEM.  I have figured out how to set the default page to be our Organization's webpage through the UEM Management Console.  We will use this instead of GPO for the IE shortcut.

0 Kudos