VMware Horizon Community
pvevers
Contributor
Contributor

Internal View Composer error on add vCenter wizard

When attempting to add a vCenter server within the View Horizon Administrator, am receiving an internal view composer error. Presuming there is a straightforward explanation for this, have not encountered this issue at previous sites.

I have ensured that the Connection server is joined to the domain.

I have ensured that the user has correctly configured permissions.

I have ensured that the DNS server has a record for the Connection server and vCenter Server.

The domain and user name are being entered in the correct format.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Rorus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Another thing that has caused this error for me in the past:

- A host is in maintenance mode

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head sorry.

Edit: Misread post initially sorry.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

What version of View are you using?

Have you installed View Composer on the vCenter server and verified that the services are running?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
pvevers
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your suggestions.

0 Kudos
pvevers
Contributor
Contributor

It is 5.3

I have and confirmed services are running.

I’m re-installing again, in case there’s something obvious that I’ve overlooked.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Also check firewalls etc.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
vmhorizon53
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am using vmware view 5.3.1.  have installed my view composer 5.3.1 and vcenter 5.5-update01 on Windows 2008 R2 SP1 box. I have my connection server 5.3.1 on Windows 2008R2 box. 

We are encountering the issue : "Error saving vcenter entry" while adding the vcenter server in view management console. your thread seems to me related. if you have answer for this please reply me. I am getting this in all version of view.

0 Kudos
pvevers
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I’m afraid the solution to this has not yet been found. I am considering starting from scratch with this vCenter instance, as can it get it work no problem in another.

Regards

0 Kudos