VMware Horizon Community
TrinityR
Contributor
Contributor

Integrated Printing delayed until disconnect

Horizon Agent 7.12.  We recently started struggling with ThinPrint (Virtual Printing) not being able to connect to home printers.  I am currently testing Integrated Printing.  Printing connections seems fine, but when I print to my home printer everything is delayed until I disconnect from the VDI desktop or Disconnect the USB Device.  Once I do this everything prints.

What could be causing this?  We are using USB Redirection and Integrated Printing.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
bigjohn111
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.   Did you ever find a answer?

0 Kudos
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1st time to hear it, can't think of a reason. Have you seen the printing job in the job queue of your printer? Did you tried different Windows/Linux/macOS clients?

0 Kudos
TrinityR
Contributor
Contributor

What I've ended up doing is adding 'printer' as an Excluded Device Family in Group Policy for USB Redirection.  This prevents the printer from connecting to the VDI desktop as a USB device.  The integrated printing still picks up the printer since the printer is a connection to the local machine.  More testing is needed as I we may be needing to switch all of our VDI pools from Virtual Printing.

0 Kudos
TrinityR
Contributor
Contributor

I did see the job load on the VDI print spooler really quick but it never makes it to the local machines print spooler.  I think the USB connection is trumping the integrated printer communication to the local machine.  Just a suspicion.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hard to say. Recommend you, if needed, to go through VMware SR process to get it debugged and resolved.

0 Kudos