VMware Horizon Community
apelz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Instant Clones Windows 10 1803 Enterprise does not execute gpos

Hey guys,

Ive a problem with a new environment. We are using Horizon DaaS and creating a gold image with Windows 10 1803 Enterprise. The installation of the image is a workgroup installation. If we are creating a pool the replicas will be added to the domain to a specified ou which has my group policys assigned:

pastedImage_1.png

If im login to the vdi with my horizon client and type gpresult, there is no gpo executed and no setting is working. I have to execute gpupdate /force manually to get the settings available, but the vdi is stateless. If im logout and login again, ive the same problem again.

I also add the following regkeys to the system, which was helping me in the past:

<Path>reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue /t REG_DWORD /d 0000003c /f</Path>

<Path>reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon" /v SyncForegroundPolicy /t REG_DWORD /d 00000001 /f</Path>

<Path>reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters" /v ExpectedDialupDelay /t REG_DWORD /d 00000258 /f</Path>

I also add a login script to the horizon daas environment:
pastedImage_2.png
Anybody who has any other tips for me what i can try?
resgards
Alex
0 Kudos
1 Reply
apelz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Im also checked the eventlogs. Here youll find the error 1055:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not resolve the computer name. This could be caused by one of more of the following:

a) Name Resolution failure on the current domain controller.

b) Active Directory Replication Latency (an account created on another domain controller has not replicated to the current domain controller).

I checked the logonserver which is used for the clone and its the same which I configured in the horizon daas admin portal...

0 Kudos