VMware Horizon Community
mobernberger
Contributor
Contributor

Instant Clone error when creating Image - AD_FAULT_FATAL

Hi,

I have upgraded our lab environment from vmware Horizon 7.0 to 7.0.1 and now when the Instant Clone desktops are preparing I am getting the following error message:

Initial publish failed: Fault type is AD_FAULT_FATAL - com.vmware.daas.cloneprep.ldap.LdapException: unable to create entry, resultCode=1 (operations error), errorMessage=000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C090D4F, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v2580

Any hints where the problem is with this error?

Thanks and BR,

Michael

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dparashar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could you make the logs from the Connection server available to look at.

Thx

0 Kudos
mobernberger
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have attached the logs from the connection server.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
dparashar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Michael,

Following error suggests that it is likely that the CN=Subnets is not correctly set for your AD setup.

2016-07-06T11:04:57.238+02:00 DEBUG (1684-00C4) <WFE-02> [LdapConnectionContextManager] Exception while discovering site for xddemo.local--Administrator@XDDEMO.LOCAL-SASL com.vmware.daas.cloneprep.ldap.LdapConnectionContextManager.c(SourceFile:624)

com.vmware.daas.cloneprep.ldap.LdapException: unable to search, resultCode=1 (operations error), errorMessage=000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C090749, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v2580

You can bypass the site discovery by manually providing a the site. Assuming that it is "default-first-site-name" for you can do the following steps

1. Connect to Adam DB on the connection server (Refer https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&externalId=...)

2. Goto OU=NgvcAdDomain,OU=Properties,DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int and select the correct ADdomain object (one with the ad domain username that you are using. From the logs it seems

CN=7f29eff7-5a60-49d8-88f6-3a1b519212d7)

3. Edit pae-AdDomainSite to default-first-site-name (or to the correct site that your ad setup is on)

4. Wait for a few minutes and try provisioning again.

Please let me know if it works.

Thx

0 Kudos
mobernberger
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have tried this one but the error stills exists.

Any other hints how to solve this?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
dparashar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Michael,

I see that you have specified the correct site and we are skipping the discovery. However we still get the same error. It would be helpful to understand if something else has changed in your environment. Could you verify that the password for the ad account used here is still valid and hasn't expired. Maybe you can try using another account (with the proper privilege) and see if that helps.

Thx

0 Kudos
mobernberger
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

there were no changes. This is a fresh installation of vmware Horizon. So Instant Clones never worked in this environment.

I have tested it with another account and the problem persists.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos