VMware Horizon Community
BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Instant Clone Pool Provisioning not Creating AD Account

First of all I am curious if anyone else has found VMware Horizon Support MIA. This is the second time in the last month I have opened a case and not received a response in a full 7 day week other than the initial "Hi I am John and I am your support engineer...." So here I am with the issue.

We recently upgraded from 7.11 to 7.13 and converted our desktop pools to instant clone. We have four pools, Windows 10 1909. In one pool only, users started getting the error "The SAM database does not have the computer account..." and they are unable to connect to a desktop. We discovered that the SPN account was not getting created in AD. The only solution is to discover which machine it is and remove it from the pool, then the user can connect to a different machine. The user cannot successfully reconnect until the problem machine is removed. This is happening occasionally, but enough to generate a few help desk calls every week.

Being new to instant clones, I am not even sure which logs to view. And because we have to delete the offending machines it is hard to view those logs!

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies