VMware Horizon Community
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Instant Clone, Office 2019 and ADAL.DLL

Hello everybody,
it is probably not a problem generated by the Horizon infrastructure, but I have a strange problem with a client application in an instant clone environment. (In the FULL Clone environment there seems to be no problem). The application starts correctly but after a few minutes it goes into error with an exception visible in the Windows event viewer relating to the ADAL.dll file (Adal.dll_unloaded).
On the goldimage in addition to this application there is Office 2019, if I remove office 2019 from the Gold Image the client's application works without suddenly closing.
I guess it is a problem of how the DLL in question is called but the doubt is related to the fact that the FULL CLONE does not seem to be the problem.
What can be triggered by .. an incorrect installation of Office 2019 on the GoldImage? What suggestions can you give me?

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Pretty sure that this won't be caused just because they are instant clones. I would probably uninstall and reinstall the application and office or rather build a new clean image. 

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos