VMware Horizon Community
richardOST
Contributor
Contributor

Instant Clone - Logoff after Disconnect

Good evening -

I am encountering an odd issue with instant clone desktop pools. The default "Logoff after Disconnect" option of 120 minutes was chosen when the desktop pools were created. Now that timer cannot be modified from what I can tell. If I create a new desktop pool and, during creation, set the option to a different ## (say 360) then I end up with the same result: The desktop pool has the timer set to 360 but I cannot modify it.

Does anyone know if this is a known bug? Google is coming up empty.  Is there another way of modifying an instant clone desktop pool beyond the web console? I'd have to have to recreate them...

Horizon 7.0.3

Windows 10 1607 x64

Thanks!!

-Richard

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ggordon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Richard,

I've just tested on Horizon 7.1 GA adn confirm that I am seeing the same issue. The only workaround I came up with was to change this setting to another like 'Never', click OK and then re-edit the pool, change back to 'After' and put in the new value.

I have raised a bug report internally so hopefully we'll get this fixed. Thanks for pointing this out!

Regards,

Graeme

richardOST
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for confirming it! We just ended up recreating the desktop pools. Good to know there is a possible workaround though!

0 Kudos
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm not sure why VMware makes changes like this inside the GUI. vGPU was also affected by 7.0.3 and being grayed out.

However, Powershell and by extension PowerCLI can move mountains. Remote Power CLI is supported but for simplicity, RDP directly to one of your connection servers. Once there, launch the View Power CLI command window.

To edit the timer value for a specific pool you need the pool ID and then use the below command. Note that it is based on a linked clone desktop, you will need to alter the beginning command depending on pool type.

update-automaticlinkedclonepool -pool_ID X -autologofftime X

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have encountered the same issues with Horizon 7.4 , instant clone, VDI getting logoff after disconnect. Is there is any permanent fix for this issues???

0 Kudos