VMware Horizon Community
r0x666
Contributor
Contributor

Instant Clone - Domain Trust Relationship Failed

Trying to use Instant Clone but keep getting "the relationship between this machine the primary domain failed".  I only built the test pool yesterday and already I have workstations failing to logon.  My pools running with Composer are fine.  I have now even given the Instant Clone admin account domain admin permissions in case it was anything to do with that.

Just wondering if others have this working OK and am I just missing something obvious?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
r0x666
Contributor
Contributor

Checked the ClonePrep log file and all looking good in there.  Reports that the machine is domain joined and that it has successfully reset the machine account password.  If I reboot the VM to force a deletion/recreation then it tends to come back up okay with the domain trust relationship in place.  I've tried disabling machine account password reset in a GPO linked to the VMs but this makes no difference.

0 Kudos
cdubz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Might try checking your Active Directory replication on all your dc's and see if there are issues. I had some simlar linked clone pool issues of recomposes being finnicky. Ended up being a few dc's not synced up. Had to do an ad meta data cleanup and remove all the stale DCs that were no longer online.

0 Kudos
r0x666
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I think/hope the problem is resolved and it looks like it was AD related. It's a new domain and I'd been told that the subnets for the VDI VMs had been added in to sites and services. But when I checked yesterday I found that only one subnet had been added. I'm hoping that the problem was as simple as that.

0 Kudos
dparashar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There were some fixes related to multi-site AD infrastructure that went in 7.0.1. You might want to try that out in case you still run into this issue.

0 Kudos