VMware Horizon Community
enso_
Contributor
Contributor

Instant Clone - Adobe Acrobat licenses

Hello,

we're switching to Instant Clones and most things are working fine. However, Adobe Acrobat licensing is causing us some headaches. One license can only be signed in two devices 2 simultaneously. Which is not a problem in itself, however, when users log out of their Instant Clone VM (VM gets deleted upon logoff) the Adobe account does not sign out and Adobe believes the license is still signed in to the deleted Instant Clone. 

After doing this twice, the next time the users log in, they are presented with this:

enso__0-1658767706960.png

Manually signing out does the trick, however, this is becoming an inconvenience. 

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BenTrojahn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have not seen this issue with the adobe DC cloud licenses.  We are using DEM with mandatory profiles and FTA and has been working rather well with this basic DEM config: 

[IncludeRegistryTrees]
HKCU\Software\Adobe

[IncludeFolderTrees]
<AppData>\Adobe

Shooting from the hip here, but is anything holding up the logout process?  if something is hanging up and causing the hung process timer to force end everything rather than cleaning logging out?  

0 Kudos
enso_
Contributor
Contributor

We are not using DEM (yet). However, both:

[IncludeRegistryTrees]
HKCU\Software\Adobe

[IncludeFolderTrees]
<AppData>\Adobe

are being retained throughout the log off process. What I believe happens, without knowing what exactly goes on in the background with Adobe accounts and their sign-in/out mechanisms, is that when users log out of their VM, online in the Adobe cloud, it still thinks it's logged in to that VM. So when you check your logged into devices, that VM still shows up as a device logged into Adobe products with the Adobe account, then you connect to a new VM, start Adobe (it will not require you to login again since that information is retained as mentioned), work in Adobe, then at the end of the day you log out again. The next day you connect again, assigned a virtual machine, start an Adobe product, and then you're prompted to log out the Adobe products of one of the other two virtual machines connected to before. 

Regarding your last question; I do believe it is working as intended. Since Adobe products should and are staying logged in on a computer during log out. Maybe I'm not quite understanding your question, but shouldn't the accounts stay logged in during log off and not have Adobe accounts log out?

At this point I'm a bit puzzled how you got this to work. We are using regular Adobe licenses though, per user, not shared ones. 

0 Kudos
Yikes1232011101
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am experiencing the same.  It seems to be stored not on the user profile, but in Adobe cloud somewhere.  When I log in with a clean profile, and enter the adobe credentials, I get the same screen with the computers logged in.

Did you find a solution from Adobe for this?

0 Kudos