VMware Horizon Community
esymms
Contributor
Contributor

Installing View Composer 1.1 - Getting DB Connection Errors

Hello,

**added Sept 24 @9:16EST *** This is part of VMware View 3.1.2 - The Composer component version is 1.1.0-161885

I am trying to install View on a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 server running Virtual Center. When I go thruogh the VIew Composer Installation Wizard, I click ODBC DSN Setup. I walk through the configuration of my System DSN, and the test comes back successful. When I provide the wizard the very same DSN name and credentials, I get the following error: "an error occurred attempting to connect to the database".

The DB is on a separate server running SQL 2005 SP2. I am using SQL authentication, and the user viewcomposeruser has dbo_owner rights to the db. I can log into the SQL console with the viewcomposeruser successfully, but when I try to authenticate in the View Composer wizard, it fails, and logs an event on the SQL server's application logs (Login failed for user 'viewcomposeruser').

To complicate this, we had everything running during a quick and dirty install of View Composer and Connection server, just to see how it works. I did an uninstall of View Composer and am re-installing it so I can better document the process. I have deleted and recreated the viewcomposeruer SQL account and am using a new name for the database. I have also created a new DSN entry - tests successful everytime.

I have a ticket in with VMWare on this, but they have not been very responsive.

Any insight or advice on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
0 Replies