VMware Horizon Community
sivakumarssm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installation of connection server 4.6 on windows server 2003 sp2 32bit

Hi,

I try to install connection server 4.6 on windows server 2003 sp2 32bit VM, I got the following error

vmware-connectionserver-x86_64-4.6.0-366101.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine

Processor: Intel(R)Xeon(TM)CPU 3.60GHZ, and i configured 2GB RAM with PAE.

Expecting your help to solve this error.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You are trying to use the 64bit installer, download the 32bit installer instead and it should be fine.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You are trying to use the 64bit installer, download the 32bit installer instead and it should be fine.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
sivakumarssm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In file name it shows both X86 and X64 is valid, how to know whether it is 32 bit installer or 64 bit installer

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The installation guide mentions the two different files

VMware-viewconnectionserver-4.6.0-366101.exe (32 bit)

VMware-viewconnectionserver-x86_64-4.6.0-366101.exe (64 bit)

which can be downloaded from http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/view_460_premier_en/ZEB3YnRkaGpiZCpqdw==

But I agree, the filename might be misleading.

André

markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

a.p is correct. To tell the difference, only the 64 bit one has 64 in the filename. x86 doesn't mean 32 bit. For a very long explanation see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64

Mark.