VMware Horizon Community
GROSBST
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installation of SDK to allow VMWare View to connect to VC - How?

Hi,

I've installed the VMWare View connection server but, when I go to try and add my VC, I get a connection error. I've checked the firewall ports and traffic is getting through to my VC so I don't think that's the problem. I've checked the Event log on the VMWare View connection server and it is trying to connect to

I assume this path is telling me I need to install the SDK. I've downloaded it but the installation instructions are not clear, and I can't find anything in the VMWare View installation guide to help me.

Can anyone advise, or give me a step-by-step guide on what I need to do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

There is nothing to install. The .../sdk URL will give you a 404 error, it's not used as-is. For example, I have View configured to point at VC:

Server address: vc.mpryor.int

User names: administrator

Password: ***

Connect using SSL: true

This will save the URL https://vc.mpryor.int:443/sdk to ADAM and use it. Browsing there will give me a 404, but I assure you I'm using View without issue. You must have a network issue - check firewalls, proxy server (for the machine, not your user account) and DNS.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

There's no SDK you need to install on the View Connection Server, it will talk to VC using its own. Most VC instances are configured out of the box to use SSL, i.e. HTTPS - did you untick that option?

0 Kudos
GROSBST
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I wasn't clear earlier. It's the installation of the SDK on the Virtual Center that I need instructions for. I know that the SDK is not necessary on the connection server.

Cheers

G

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

The SDK is for clients to talk to vCenter, the server portion is built in. It's not the sdk portion of the URL that's the problem, it's your hostname or SSL setting in View you're using.

0 Kudos
GROSBST
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I've tested connectivity between the servers and the is getting through to the VC from the View server.

I've tested this URL on a server that's on the same subnet as the VC and the URL does not resolve.

I've tried using SSL and on normal HTTP. Both requests reach the VC, but the firewall logs show no response.

Even if the SDK part of the URL is not the problem, can you tell me how to install the SDK on the VC? At the moment, there is no SDK folder on the VC, so I don't see how the URL can be resolved.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

There is nothing to install. The .../sdk URL will give you a 404 error, it's not used as-is. For example, I have View configured to point at VC:

Server address: vc.mpryor.int

User names: administrator

Password: ***

Connect using SSL: true

This will save the URL https://vc.mpryor.int:443/sdk to ADAM and use it. Browsing there will give me a 404, but I assure you I'm using View without issue. You must have a network issue - check firewalls, proxy server (for the machine, not your user account) and DNS.

0 Kudos
GROSBST
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ahhh. I wonder, then, if it's a problem with my instance of ADAM.

I'll check and get back to you.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos