VMware Horizon Community
IronG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installation error VMWare Horizon Client on Windows 10 x64 'Urgent matter due to Home Office!'

Dear All,

Could you please help me to identify what is the problem with my installation of Horizon client? I downloaded the latest version (2106) from website. I have also tried to remove and install again .NET Framework and Visual C++ Redistributables packages but neither of them solved the problem. I have also tried to installed the client without HTML5 MMR package but the issue is still there.
It is really important to get the program running because I am using it for Home Office.

Many thanks for your ideas in advance.

Regards,
Gergő

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IronG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick reply. I just found out the solution my Host file got four additional entries which was not good for installation. I deleted those extra 4 entries and now it runs just fine!

Case closed

View solution in original post

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your first point of contact for support should be the administrators of the Horizon instance you would be connecting to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
IronG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick reply. I just found out the solution my Host file got four additional entries which was not good for installation. I deleted those extra 4 entries and now it runs just fine!

Case closed

Holian1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi IronG,

I have the same issue here, could you please share more information about how you successfully installed it? What are the 4 extra entries and were to delete them?

Thanks

0 Kudos