VMware Horizon Community
Ravinred
Contributor
Contributor

Install the vRealize Operations for Horizon Desktop Agent

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install the vRealize Operations for horizon desktop agent.do i need to install on every virtual machine or RDS server/Terminal server ?

Can you help me please and how to install the desktop agent on RDS server or Any of the machine can you help me please.

Ravi

0 Kudos
2 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert

Depending on what version of Horizon you are running, the vROPS agent is may be built into the Horizon agent installation. So nothing you need to do to install it. It should be installed on all the machines you want to monitor.

I suggest reviewing the official documentation:

Install the vRealize Operations for Horizon Desktop Agent

0 Kudos
GayathriS
Expert
Expert

The vRealize Operations for Horizon desktop agent runs on each remote desktop virtual machine, RDS host, or terminal server in your View environment. It collect metrics and performance data and send that data to the View adapter.

In Horizon View 5.2 and later and Horizon with View 6.0.x or VMware Horizon 6 version 6.1 environments, the desktop agent is installed as part of the View Agent installation.

If you have a View 5.0 or 5.1 environment, you must manually install the desktop agent on your desktops.

Please consider marking this answer as correct and helpful if this helps you.

regards

GS

0 Kudos