VMware Horizon Community
marcelofs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Install application in all machine from a pool?

hello guys,

I have a doubt is the following: I have a pool with 10 VM and I need to install an application on all 10, is there any way to install this application on all 10 VM once only? if yes how to do this?

thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ElevenB2003
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If this is a pool consisting of linked clones then, as mentioned, you just need to update your "gold" VM with the app, configure it, take a new snapshot, and recompose the pool.  If this is a pool of full VMs then you would have to either install the app on each one or update one and create clones, and set the pool to use the new updated VM's.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
marcdrinkwater
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

You update your Gold Image and then take a new snapshot.  You then configure your pool to use the new snapshop.

You don't need to update each VM.

0 Kudos
ElevenB2003
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If this is a pool consisting of linked clones then, as mentioned, you just need to update your "gold" VM with the app, configure it, take a new snapshot, and recompose the pool.  If this is a pool of full VMs then you would have to either install the app on each one or update one and create clones, and set the pool to use the new updated VM's.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
EricConley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you own ThinApp I would suggest captureing the application in a ThinApp package and deploying that package to the pool.

0 Kudos