VMware Horizon Community
cwma92
Contributor
Contributor

Initial publish failed: Fault type is VC_FAULT_FATAL (Unexpected Error) [VC 6.5 / HVCS 7.3.2]

Hello,

does anyone know a solution to the following problem?

After initializing an Instant Clone Pool (Automated Desktop Pool / Floating) that error occurred:

"Error during provisioning: Initial publish failed: Fault type is VC_FAULT_FATAL - Unexpected error occurred while monitoring VC task updates"

My observations:

After creating the snapshot the cloning of the VM (cp-template-09e3a...) suspends (at about 36 %). After that the HVCS is throwing that error.

Characteristics of our infrastructure:

vCenter: Version 6.5.0.13000 Build 7312210

Connection Server: 7.3.2 build-7161118

Guest OS: Windows 10 (used the 25th snapshot for testing)

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 11.57.10.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 11.53.32.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ItzikT
Contributor
Contributor

Did you solve this issue? Same exact thing is happening to me right now....

0 Kudos
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Kindly check for possible solution - VMware Knowledge Base

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
0 Kudos
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello there,

VMware Horizon Server is waiting for an update from vCenter about the task progress. However, vCenter clone task might have been stuck and hence you are seeing that error.

Please verify if the manual clone of VM works fine?

0 Kudos
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi cwma92

I see publish task is getting timed out while monitoring the status in vCenter. This could be happening due to large no. of snapshots on gold image. I see you mentioned it is your 25th snapshot, is it 25th snapshot in the chain? The longer the snapshot chain would be, the longer it would take for horizon to complete customization thus increasing the chances of timeout. (VMware Knowledge Base )

Delete your snapshot chain and maintain not more than 4-5 snapshots and try again.

If the issue still persist, perform a sequential reboot of the environment and try again.This will force all a resync across all HVCS and vCenter server. (VMware Knowledge Base )

0 Kudos