VMware Horizon Community
Odysey
Contributor
Contributor

Inconsistent USB redirection

I have a strange one with a customer that has HP T5740 devices.  They experience very inconsistent use cases with USB redirection.

The scenario is as follows:

* Login with USB device attached - View client can see and attach the USB device

* Re-connect another USB device - View client can see and attach the USB device

The failure or inconsistency comes with the following the scenarios:

* Hard reset (turn off / turn on) the HP T5740 device, login and connect a USB device - View client will not see the attached USB device

* Logoff user and log back on - tick "automatically connect USB device" - USB device will now connect

The biggest inconsistency is that sometimes the USB device will connect no after a hard reset of the device - and sometimes it won't.

Very strange - any thoughts / ideas???

Work around at the moment is to tell users to attach a USB device in the morning before logging in.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

i believe that you're using using the inbuilt RDP to connect and hence they will only perform the usb redirection only during the initial connection. if you're using vmware view's USB redirection then i should work and be able to reconnect anytime.

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There are two different command-line options or GPOs here:

1) -connectUSBOnInsert will connect the USB device to the foreground remote desktop when inserted.

2) -connectUSBOnLaunch will connect all USB  devices to the first remote desktop that is launched.

It sounds like #1 is set to on and #2 is set to off.  Offhand I'm not sure what the defaults are, but you can configure these values however you would like.

Odysey
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.  I thought there was something based on a GPO but couldn't remember the settings.

Will have a test and see what happens.

Thanks again...

0 Kudos