VMware Horizon Community
Rajeev_S
Expert
Expert

Improving perfomance of VM's while accessing through RDP

Hi all,

Is there any best practices or steps to improve the perfomance of VM while accessing through RDP using thin client(I use NEOWARE).

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Rajeev_S
Expert
Expert

The above thread was really helpful.

when i'm trying to open a ppt, it opens frame by frame. Is there any way to resolve this.

0 Kudos
epping
Expert
Expert

this is a current problem with powerpoint in an RDP session, i think wyse are working on something to improve performance like they currently do with mpegs

0 Kudos
davlloyd
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Powerpoint 2003 and RDP do not get along, 2007 is better. Another issue with RDP is with transparency within Powerpoint and column widths within Excel as it does not scale to fit correctly.

0 Kudos
GBromage
Expert
Expert

I've also run into a problem with Microsoft NetMeeting, where a user on a VDI desktop over RDP can't share their desktop with another netmeeting user. I would assume that the NetMeeting sharing is ALSO trying to use RDP.

Accessing a physical machine's shared desktop from a VDI desktop seems to work, though.

I hope this information helps you. If it does, please consider awarding points with the 'Helpful' or 'Correct' buttons. If it doesn't help you, please ask for clarification!
0 Kudos