VMware Horizon Community
Z3nVDI
Contributor
Contributor

Images in Outlook sometimes fail to show - Internet caching issue

We've had an issue on going for sometime that doesn't seem to be too big a deal but keeps getting raised by the marketing department who don't like emails missing their images!

What we are seeing is that randomly people won't be able to see images embedded (internally or external) on emails.  They get the below

linked image error.jpg

A bit of testing has found this may happen to about 10% of users at any time.

What I've found is that if I were to go and delete the Internet Browsing history data through IE then close IE down.  Close Outlook and reopen it then the issue is resolved and the user can see the images.

We also had a similar issue where when users tried to download an attachment the Save/Open buttons would not do anything and we'd find that the browsing cache clearing and completely closing IE also resolved this.

I did find that we had an issue with History data not working correctly and added an attribute fix using UEM - attrib +s "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\History"

This seemed to help cut down on the other issues but they do both occur and at the moment I can't see what's causing them.

The only errors I see in the UEM logs are:

2019-05-01 08:00:44.094 [ERROR] ImportFiles::ImportFile: Access denied on 'LocalAppData/Microsoft/Windows/WebCache/V01.log'

2019-05-01 08:00:44.891 [ERROR] ImportFiles::ImportFile: Access denied on 'LocalAppData/Microsoft/Windows/WebCache/WebCacheV01.dat'

but these seem to happen for everyone.  I had added WebCache to be included in the profile whilst troubleshooting this issue but it seems for some reason the import gets denied.

Has anyone seen any issue like this on the Images or IE downloads or does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this issue?  It seems like it must be some kind of IE temp folder type issue.

0 Kudos
0 Replies